Sunday, March 11, 2012

Hand-me-down?

I have lotsa clothing which my kids have outgrown too quickly. They are in pretty good condition since they have been hand washed and dried in the sun. Those are quality stuff and too beautiful to be just thrown out.

My brother recently had a baby. She is this tiny little thing. My brother is a first time daddy & was asking for a lot of advise. One thing he seems not to be opened to is hand-me-downs.

It could largely be due to his wife. And I don't really blame her. When I was a new mommy, I even got offended when people wanted to offer hand-me-downs. I felt like they took me as a bin. Where they could dump their unwanted stuff without guilt.

So when my sis-in-law refused it, I can understand where she is coming from. The sad thing comes down to me having all these still-in-good-condition stuff/toys/clothings since I maintained them well. Oh well. 

Eventually I would have to let them go. I know I should but something inside me says there will be a third baby one day even though I am very stubborn about not wanting anymore.
If that happen, I would have to invest in those all over again if I give them away.:(

Life is tough ... Will I get clucky?