Friday, May 7, 2021

THE ONE



 What happens when you are THE ONE for someone but you don’t feel the same way about that person who is in love with you? 


You lose them as your person, your best friend, your anything at all. 


Such is the case dinosaur years ago when a best  friend fell for me without me realising it. 


It could be the way I care for people is rather more intense than others, that may have gave them the impression they are more than just my best friend. 


His mom who is always in contact with me,sent me some pictures recently of their family gathering. His picture came up and I asked his mom why does he look for sad in all pictures when he’s actually with his family … his wife, his kids?! 


She didn’t reply for a while. Apparently because he was next to him. He is aware that his mom is always writing and chatting with me and sends picture very often. 


She said “Because he didn’t get married and have children with the love of his life” 


It was year 2000 when he told me, he needs to cut me off his life because it’s too painful to watch me living life to the fullest while he is not able to be my significant other. 


When my family went to visit his mom in year 2011, he avoided coming to his mom knowing my family and I were there that weekend. He told his mom he still couldn’t, even though I’m married with children and he is married with children. 


And when his dad passed away a few years ago, he braved himself to send me a message because he knew his mom was distraught and won’t be able to send me the message of his death but knew that his mom would want me to know. He wrote very formally that his dad has passed away and during this difficult time, he would appreciate it if I do not attend the funeral. 


I sent my condolences to his mom & said I would love to be there but due to unforeseen circumstances, I am not able to be there for her. 


It’s been 21 years. His mom recently talked to him about me. Just mentioning my name got him riled up. And his mom called me to tell me “ Oh my god, he is still in love with you!” 


But what can I do? I can’t sacrifice myself. I am not in love with him. I do care about him but he is not THE ONE for me. 


Movies & romantic novels hailed upon the fact that everyone has THE ONE. Most cases, it seems like their “ONE” is each other. In reality, it’s NOT that simple. I could be THE ONE for him but he is not THE ONE for me. 


It’s not a nice feeling that he is miserable till today and it’s all because of me! At the same time, it’s a situation whereby I cannot help him feel better. 


I did offer friendship and wanting to stay in his life. But he claimed it would be too painful for him!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment