Friday, December 30, 2011

Bread & Butter Pudding

Bread & Butter pudding. I’ve never heard of it before being with my husband. His parents are English but he is a true bred Aussie. It’s not too surprising then that he has been brought up with all the traditional delicacy from England.

I am a very chocolate person. All my life I refused to even try dessert which doesn’t contain chocolate. The strangest thing is that I also strongly believe that fruit should be eaten as they are as they are just beautiful to eat! Why have banana fritters with ice cream when banana taste good as it is? Keep the healthy stuff healthy and the unhealthy ones just name it “chocolate”. Sometimes you have a bad day and you wanna do yourself harm, you reach out for CHOCOLATE. That’s the strongest drug I would reach out for !! ;)

My mother in law once told me that I would miss out on a lot for not wanting any fruit in my dessert. Of course I just laughed  it off. I probably do miss a lot but I probably don’t wanna know it for sure! We had guests yesterday so we had a 3 course lunch which was finished with hubby's famous Bread and Butter pudding. It was phenomenal – not that I’ve ate many other to compare! 

It taste so sinful and unhealthy that I felt like a rebel! ;) It was supposed to be only with raisins. I hate raisins. When  I was growing up, I was forced to finish a box of raisins everyday. They said its good for you. Whatever. The minute I didn’t have to, I refused to ever do something so torturous ever again (Exaggeration In Progress).

Bread & Butter pudding is supposed to have raisins in it, but my sweet husband had half with chocolate chips instead. It was sooooooooooooo good! Unbelievable! God bless him! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment